Wednesday, October 3, 2007

ER Day Complete!

I was really nervous, but my day went great compared to how I thought it would go. I was very afraid of waking up, because I had heard stories of others waking out of sedation and feeling every poke. I didn't feel a thing. They retrieved 16 eggs!!!! Not all of them will be mature so I have to wait to hear till tomorrow for the fertilization report.

This is what it was like. We arrived at the hospital at 6am..Yuck! Had to get up at 4:45 and I did not sleep more than 1 or 2 hours. So, we arrived at 6 and sat around for a couple hours before anything happened. My trigger was at 10:30 at night, so I expected surgery between 8:30 and 10:30 which is pretty much what happened. They had me change into a lovely gown, robe, pants and skiddy socks in very lovely evidenced from the great photo. Then, they called us to come from the 6th floor to Ward 43. Lined 3 of us in a row and walked us down. Then we each had our own room to chill in. The anesthesiologist came in and talked to us about what she was going to do...she was a bit odd but very nice. I expressed my concern that I would wake up during the procedure, but she said it wouldn't happen. So, they eventually got my IV started for the drugs and came and got me to walk to the operating room. It was not as warm as I thought it would be....

When they put my legs in the stirrups, my legs were totally shaking and I couldn't hold them still. The anesthesiologist gave me something to relax me and asked if I felt it yet...I said no twice and started to panic...they told me to take large breaths and I woke up in the recovery room:) They told me how many eggs I got and asked me where I was that kind of stuff. I eventually asked for pain meds...which I don't think they really wanted to give me cause it kept me in recovery longer, but the nurse upstairs said to take some cause there stuff wouldn't kick in for 40 minutes and the stuff downstairs would kick in right away. I honestly felt pretty darn good...just crampy when I moved.

They eventually moved me upstairs where I met up with John. He had my meds....doxycycline, steroids...and percocet!!! I just had to pee and I was pretty much out of there. I went home expecting to sleep alot but did not..took a little percocet and have been relaxing all day.


No comments: